Are you in tax trouble and planning to visit an IRS office soon? While the IRS can seem intimidating to most taxpayers, if you prepare before your visit, it will seem less confusing and you may be able to accomplish more than you think.
Taxpayers visit the IRS’s Tax Assistance Centers (TAC) for multiple reasons — they need to amend a tax return, they are being audited or they may have questions about an IRS notice they received. At Polston Tax, we can offer you tax resolution services and representation, and we can communicate with the IRS on your behalf.
Tips to Keep in Mind When Visiting the IRS Office
Before you leave to go to the IRS office, you need to schedule an appointment. You cannot just show up at the local IRS office and receive guidance. You can go to the Contact Your Local Office tool on the IRS’s website to find your closest IRS office.
This tool will also give you what days the office is open and its hours of operation. You’ll also find a list of the services that a particular office provides. After scheduling an appointment at your local TAC, you will get an email with information about the appointment you scheduled.
How to Determine When You Need to Go to the IRS Office
If you’re not sure if you need to go to a TAC office, you may look online and see if you can get the help you need that way. Most issues and questions taxpayers have can be resolved online. For instance, if you are looking for your refund, you can use the IRS’s Where’s my Refund tool.
There is plenty of help online for taxpayers, but if you aren’t sure whether you can obtain a resolution online, you can contact your local TAC office to see. You can also speak with a tax attorney at Polston Tax about our tax resolution services and how we can help you deal with the IRS. Our professional tax resolution services include:
- Bank levies
- Lien assistance
- Penalty abatement
- Offer in compromise
- Audit representation
- Innocent spouse relief
- Installment agreements
- Payroll tax representation
- IRS account investigation
- Revenue officer assistance
- Currently Not Collectible status
No matter what issue you need to resolve with the IRS, we can offer you the assistance you need and help you reach a resolution with the IRS that works for you.
Contact Polston Tax for Representation
Receiving a letter from the IRS can be unnerving for anyone, and for the typical taxpayer, dealing with the IRS is intimidating. If you’re in tax trouble and need help resolving your tax issues, Polston Tax can help.
Our top tax attorneys have extensive experience in resolving tax issues at both the state and federal levels. We can assist you with an audit, help you reduce or eliminate wage garnishments and liens and represent you in tax court. Our approach to reaching a tax resolution for you involves the following steps:
- Initial consultation: After you contact us, we’ll schedule a free initial consultation with you.
- Strategy meeting: Next, you’ll have a meeting with one of our knowledgeable case or tax strategists in person, virtually or over the phone to assess your situation. Expect this meeting to last approximately an hour.
- Financial analysis: With the information you give us, we will contact the IRS and create a detailed analysis of what you owe.
- Discussion of your options: We will let you know about every alternative that applies in your situation and inform you about our fee structure. Then we’ll help you determine the best course of action depending on your budget parameters and desired outcome.
- Implementation: After you make your decision, we can take over your case, handling negotiations between you and the IRS. We will support you from beginning to end and provide you with personalized service through every step of the process.
If you are afraid to speak to or visit the IRS, our tax attorneys can speak on your behalf. In fact, we can take over the communications between you and the IRS, so you don’t need to speak to them at all. Why deal with the IRS alone if you don’t have to? If you need help handling your tax issue with the IRS, give Polston Tax a call at 844-841-9857 or contact us to schedule a free consultation.