When it comes to filing taxes, there’s one thing most people can agree on — the process can be confusing. Each year, countless taxpayers have questions regarding their taxes, including how much money they owe, whether they filed correctly or even if the IRS made a mistake on their taxes. Luckily, if you’ve ever asked yourself these questions, there’s a way to get answers. With IRS account investigation services, you can sort out your tax situation and amend any IRS-related errors with the help of certified professionals.
Do you think you owe taxes, but are unsure? Can’t remember what tax years you’ve filed and which are missing? Maybe you know you owe taxes, but have no idea how much. Tax professionals from Polston Tax Resolution & Accounting can provide you with a clear summary of your accounts so you know exactly how much you owe. Call us today at 844-841-9857 or click CONTACT US below to fill out the form so we can reach out to you!
What Do I Do If the IRS Has Made a Mistake on My Taxes?
Though the IRS is a powerful and authoritative body that many taxpayers find daunting, this agency, like all organizations, is prone to making mistakes from time to time. That’s why if you suspect that the IRS is trying to charge you extra taxes, penalties or interest that you shouldn’t owe, there are several ways you can go about correcting these errors.
Your primary course of action is to contact the IRS with all applicable documentation proving your case and wait for a determination. However, the IRS doesn’t always budge on taxpayer disputes. In these cases, your best option is to seek IRS investigation help from a tax attorney who can negotiate with the IRS to get you a fair settlement.
What Are IRS Account Investigation Services?
IRS account investigation tax services are designed to help taxpayers verify how much they owe in taxes and whether the IRS has made a mistake on their tax returns. Through these services, tax firm professionals will deliver clear and detailed information regarding the payer’s IRS account status to help them get to the root of the issue, gathering documentation such as:
- Amounts owed
- Bankruptcy analyses
- Penalties and interest
- Missing tax forms
- Tax liens
- Tax return status
If the IRS sends you a Notice of Deficiency stating that they are still charging you additional taxes, you can hire a tax attorney to represent you in Tax Court and fight the IRS decision.
Get IRS Investigation Help From Polston Tax
If you believe the IRS or state is wrong, you have the right to seek tax investigation help. Mistakes do happen. Let us help find out whether or not one was made on your taxes.
Through your IRS account investigation, Polston Tax provides taxpayers with specific information about their IRS account status including missing tax years, liabilities owed and more. This process was designed to mitigate any inconsistent or incomplete information and ensure greater transparency. Our IRS tax investigation professionals can help disseminate this information so you know more about where your accounts stand.
Our tax investigation services can provide information regarding amounts owed for each tax year, any penalties and interest charged, the status of your returns, any tax liens the IRS may have filed, bankruptcy analysis, and more.
The Polston Tax Account Investigation Approach
Our IRS account investigation will begin with a free initial consultation where we take stock of your accounts and learn as much information from you as possible. We will then set up a meeting with a strategist who can meet with you in person, online or by phone to get a deeper insight into your situation over one hour. Using the information you provide to us combined with the information we receive from the state and IRS, we will create a comprehensive financial analysis.
Once we have a full picture of your accounts and situation, we’ll sit down with you to discuss every option available for your current financial status. At Polston Tax, we go to great lengths to understand our clients’ unique situations, and we’re committed to showing you every possible avenue of action and alternatives you may not have thought of. Should any issues arise, we’re ready to provide you with solutions for everything from penalty abatements to installment agreements and beyond.
After deciding on a course of action, we will take complete charge of your case and handle any negotiations with the state or IRS in your place. We will also take this time to discuss our fee structure, your current income and any budget parameters you may have. Our knowledgeable staff understands tax law inside and out and is committed to being a partner who will never let you stand alone.
Additional Services From Polston Tax
At Polston Tax, we’re dedicated to making tax services as stress-free and easy as possible. We offer the following comprehensive tax services to help you get back up on your feet financially:
- Audit representation
- Bank levy assistance
- Currently not collectible status
- Innocent spouse relief
- Installment agreements
- Lien assistance
- Offer in compromise
- Payroll tax representation
- Penalty abatement
- Revenue officer assistance
Benefits of Seeking IRS Investigation Help From Certified Tax Attorneys
Opposing an IRS decision can be a daunting process, and one that most taxpayers would rather not undertake alone. That’s why many individuals reach out to certified tax attorneys for IRS investigation help. Seeking professional IRS account investigation services from reliable firms like Polston Tax comes with many advantages for taxpayers, including:
- Tax knowledge: Tax attorneys spend years and sometimes decades studying for and practicing tax law, accumulating a wealth of knowledge regarding tax codes and policies that they can use to generate the best outcome for your case.
- Long-term results: If you make a mistake on your tax return, tax professionals can help you correct these errors and learn how to prevent them from occurring again in the future.
- Time savings: You could try to negotiate with the IRS on your own, but doing so would require extensive time and effort on your part, especially if you don’t have experience. With IRS investigation services, you can relax while the professionals do the work for you.
- Cost minimization: When you book an IRS account investigation, your tax firm will take action to minimize your expenses by seeking to eliminate interest and penalties.
- Peace of mind: With tax attorneys by your side, you’ll never have to go up against the IRS alone. Instead, you can feel confident knowing you have trained professionals assisting you with your investigation.
Why Choose Polston Tax for IRS Account Investigation Tax Services?
At Polston Tax, we understand that people experience tax issues for numerous reasons — whether that be business closure, lack of proper accounting assistance, family tragedy or even general confusion when filing returns. That’s why we’re dedicated to helping taxpayers eliminate their tax stress by shifting the weight of responsibility from their shoulders to ours.
People choose Polston Tax as their firm of choice for multiple reasons, including:
- Experience: We’ve been serving our customers with tax and accounting services since our establishment in 2001, putting over 20 years of experience under our belts. Our team also boasts a combined 100+ years of experience in the industry.
- Awards: Polston Tax is proud to have earned numerous awards for our top-of-the-line tax services and capable employees. We’ve also been featured across leading media outlets.
- Staff:Our talented team comprises over 100 tax attorneys, case managers, accountants and other professionals who have the skills and qualifications to serve you.
- Community: We believe in making an impact through generosity and giving. That’s why we put on four volunteer events each year to help the communities around us.
Let Polston Tax Assist You With Your Account Investigation
If you suspect that the IRS has made a mistake on your taxes or want to verify that you filed your forms correctly, you can get the clarity you need with IRS account investigation tax services from Polston Tax. When you come to us for tax help, you’ll get an entire team of professionals in your corner who are dedicated to bringing you the best possible results.
Do you want to learn more about our services and how we can provide you with a detailed breakdown of your IRS tax accounts? Contact us today!