Do you have a tax lien on your property and now are unable to sell it or refinance? Do you need help with a tax lien? Have you been turned down for a loan or had a lien of credit terminated because of a tax lien? We can provide you with the knowledge needed to assist you. Give us a call at 844-841-9857 or click the CONTACT US button below to fill out the form so we can reach out!
What Is a Tax Lien?
A tax lien is a common tactic used by the IRS or state to protect its interest. It is the government’s legal claim against a taxpayer’s property when that individual fails to pay their taxes.
When the government places a tax lien on someone’s property, that doesn’t mean the property will be sold. Rather, the authority is guaranteed a claim over other credits competing for the taxpayer’s assets. They want to be paid, so they will put a lien on any property you own so you may not sell without paying the taxes you owe first.
Tax liens can result in any of the following outcomes:
- Credit: Liens can impact your credit and compromise your ability to get a loan.
- Business: The government has legal rights over your business property and assets, including accounts receivable.
- Assets: A tax authority claims all current and future assets acquired amid the lien.
- Bankruptcy: If you file for bankruptcy, your lien, outstanding balances and Notice of Federal Tax Lien may remain.
There are no hard rules on when liens are filed, and they often seem arbitrary. Liens can be filed for unpaid taxes as small as $100, and we’ve seen clients owe millions with no liens filed.
How Do I Get out of a Tax Lien?
If you have a lien on your property and are unable to pay your tax bill, there are other ways you can get the lien removed. Some of the most common methods include:
- Lien release: Releases cancel existing liens to ensure they don’t inhibit the associated property any longer.
- Partial lien release: A partial release reduces the amount of taxes the taxpayer owes after paying a portion of the sum.
- Lien discharge: You can discharge a lien through full owed tax repayment, lien expiration or balance forgiveness so that it no longer encumbers the property.
- Lien subordination: Rather than removing a lien, subordination allows other creditors to supersede the IRS, making it easier for the taxpayer to get a loan or mortgage.
- Lien withdrawal: The IRS will withdraw a lien if they filed it incorrectly.
Though there are various ways to remove a federal lien, they are not as straightforward as they seem. That’s why it’s highly beneficial to invest in lien assistance services from certified tax professionals to get the best outcome for your situation.
Our Lien Assistance Services
If you have a tax lien, please know that we can provide lien assistance to deal with it in the smoothest manner possible for you.
Our tax lien attorneys can provide you with a variety of ways to deal with your lien.
The process can be confusing for taxpayers, but once we understand your needs, we can discuss what option may be best for your situation such as a lien release, a lien discharge, a lien subordination, a partial lien release or a lien withdrawal. Each of these outcomes has different requirements for qualifying, but we can guide you through the maze to reach the result you have in mind.
How It Works
When you come to Polston Tax for lien assistance services, we do what we can to make the process as easy and stress-free as possible.
All you have to do is submit an online form or give us a call to make an inquiry. Then, we’ll ask you for some basic information to get the process started before scheduling a one-hour appointment with one of our tax professionals, which will take place in person, online or over the phone. Once your new client meeting is over, we’ll determine the service option that works best for you and send you a quote.
Benefits of Hiring a Tax Firm for Lien Assistance Services
Though you can pursue several avenues to get a tax lien removed from your property, these methods can be complicated and often require expansive tax knowledge. That’s why many taxpayers refer to certified tax attorneys to help them find a solution.
With a trusted tax firm like Polston Tax on your side, you can enjoy all the benefits of professional lien assistance:
- Long-term results: Tax attorneys will do more than just remove your tax lien — they’ll also deliver advice to help you avoid making the same mistakes in the future.
- Cost reductions: As a tax firm, it’s our job to figure out how to minimize your taxes owed by getting rid of penalties and interest, leaving you with as few expenses as possible.
- Tax expertise: Because tax attorneys study and practice tax law for years, they are well-versed in tax code. That means they have the knowledge to identify policies that will benefit your case.
- Time savings: Figuring out how to remove a lien yourself can be complex and time-consuming. With tax lien assistance, you can leave the work to the professionals.
- Peace of mind: Nobody enjoys facing the IRS. However, with a professional tax firm on your side, you have the confidence of knowing you’re not alone.
Why Choose Polston Tax for Lien Assistance Services?
At Polston Tax, it’s our mission to make it easier for people to pay their taxes. We understand that tax issues don’t stem from any one reason — they may result from a family tragedy, filing confusion, lack of adequate accounting or a slow-moving business. Whatever the reason, we want to help you get out and stay out of outstanding tax liabilities.
Taxpayers choose us for lien assistance because of our many qualifications:
- Awards: Our firm and team members have earned numerous awards and even media recognition for their excellent work.
- Staff: The Polston Tax team comprises more than 100 tax professionals, including certified public accountants (CPAs), case managers, financial analysts and tax attorneys with extensive tax knowledge and training.
- Community: Our work culture emphasizes the importance of charity and generosity, which is why we throw four volunteer events each year to give back to local communities.
- Experience: We’ve been in the tax and accounting business since 2001, and we’re still committed to delivering top-notch services today. We also have over 100 years of combined experience among our tax team.
Remove Your Lien With Lien Assistance Services From Polston Tax
You can get out of our tax lien with lien assistance services from Polston Tax. Our team is the best at what they do because tax and accounting are all they do.
Contact us to schedule a free consultation today!