State Tax Representation Services
Do you owe back taxes to your state’s revenue agency? In many cases, state entities can be even more aggressive than the IRS when it comes to collecting on unpaid tax liabilities!
State taxing agencies are notoriously ruthless in their attempt to collect on overdue tax balances – whether you rightfully owe them or not! This could include levying your bank account or paycheck or filing a lien against you and your property. The state can also seize assets such as your car, home or other assets of value that can be sold to cover your unpaid tax liability. While you try to resolve your tax issue, the state can assess penalties and interest on top of the taxes you already owe, increasing the amount you have to pay. If you also have a state-issued license, the state can choose not to let you renew your license, making it impossible to work for a living.
What Are Delinquent State Taxes?
Your taxes become delinquent when you owe any amount of tax debt to the IRS and the established period for liability has passed. As long as the amount owed remains unpaid, state taxing agencies may request that you pay your taxes as swiftly as possible.
In addition to requiring you to pay back your delinquent taxes, your state government may also begin tacking on penalties that increase your total amount due. The IRS may then issue an assessment and tax warrant. This tax warrant may include your initial outstanding amount and any interest or penalties accrued throughout the process. Depending on the amount you owe in taxes, the tax warrant may also include a lien against your assets or personal property or even take your money straight from your own bank account.
At Polston Tax, we can help you file missing returns and aggressively negotiate on your behalf with the goal of releasing you from liens and levies.
Polston Tax Professionals for State Tax Relief
The good news is, we can help! Polston Tax Resolution & Accounting can represent you against your state’s tax agency and help you resolve your tax issue. We can help you file missing state tax returns and aggressively negotiate on your behalf. Each state has different rules and requirements when dealing with unpaid taxes, but we assist clients in all 50 states and are able to help each one of them settle their tax issues. We can not only help you resolve your state tax issues, but we can also get liens or levies released, and help you renew your license if the state is blocking the renewal. Let a tax professional help you! Our firm has tax attorneys, tax preparers, accountants and CPAs that can help you get back on track. Our team of tax professionals gives us extra insight into the intimidating world of tax law.
There are many options we can pursue in relieving unpaid state taxes, including waivers, payment plans and more! It’s important to fix any tax problems you have with a state agency as they can be more proactive in collecting taxes.
How We Provide Professional Tax Help for State Tax Issues
When you begin the Polston Tax relief process, we take charge of the situation and manage every aspect of your case. We begin the process with an in-depth consultation, getting to know the unique circumstances and challenges of your tax case. Then, we take the pressure off of your shoulders by contacting your state tax authority representative on your behalf and determining how much you owe. No matter your budget, we can find an actionable solution and reasonable timeline.
We take the following steps in our in-depth state tax resolution process:
- Consultation: Your first consultation with Polston Tax is completely free of charge and gives us the insight necessary to determine whether we can assist you with your case.
- Strategy meeting: Once you’ve completed a consultation, we’ll assign a strategist to your case to work out the details of your situation. This meeting can be held in person or virtually and lasts about one hour.
- Financial analysis and development: In this stage, Polston Tax will reach out to your state tax representatives to gain insight into exactly how much money you owe and any other information that may be pertinent to your case. Our tax professionals know how to make a good impression and demonstrate to the state that you’re interested in reaching a compromise.
- Presentation of your options: Since every situation is unique, we present you with all the alternatives that could possibly apply to your complex situation. After discussing our fee structure, we help you choose the best option for you based on your budget and desired outcome.
- Negotiation and support: Once we’ve come to an agreement on the best option for your business, we take total control of your case and directly negotiate with the state on your behalf. From start to finish, we’ll be there to support you and provide personalized insights and options.
Why Choose Polston Tax Professionals for State Tax Issues?
Polston Tax is a unique state tax relief firm due to the extensive experience of our teams. We set ourselves apart with the following benefits:
- IRS familiarity: As tax professionals who deal with the IRS and state revenue agencies every day, we have a deep understanding of these organizations’ inner workings. We understand that your state revenue agency is looking to make a reasonable compromise in the tightest time frame possible, meaning you may not owe your full amount in back taxes. Our teams work with the agency to create a well-crafted resolution and get you the best results.
- Team approach: At Polston Tax, we’re home to a large group of tax professionals who can approach your state tax challenges from multiple angles to glean new insights. When you work with us, you’ll have a whole team of knowledgeable people ready to back you up.
- Total services: Tax law is complicated, and your organization may require several different services in conjunction with one another. Polston Tax helps you deal with all the organizations and forms you need to address, so you can get back to business. We help you adhere to your state tax agency’s requirements and handle the entire process for you, from filing to communication. Return to your day-to-day business and feel secure with Polston Tax.
You should never try to take on your state revenue agency by yourself. We take the stress off of your shoulders, so you can relax knowing your case is being rectified. From finding you a reasonable installment agreement to assisting with liens, we can put your business back on track with your state tax authorities.
Polston Tax Testimony
Here is just one of the many success stories of how we helped one client resolve a tax issue with their state revenue agency, twice! This client worked in the oil and gas industry and wasn’t sure how to file and pay his taxes. Due to this, our client incurred a large amount of unpaid taxes to the Oklahoma Tax Commission. He came to us and we were able to set up a payment plan to help him pay off the taxes he owed. Later on, our client ended up defaulting the agreement and came back to us again for help as he could no longer afford the payments. We decided to file a waiver with the state in an attempt to relieve some or all of the taxes he owed. After representing our client at a waiver hearing, we were able to provide enough proof of his inability to pay, which saved him over $37,000 in the end.
Don’t wait until you get levied to ask for help. Call us now for a free consultation. You can click the CONTACT US button below or call 844-841-9857.