Nobody wants to pay extra money to the IRS, especially as retribution for something their spouse was responsible for. If the IRS is charging you additional fees because your spouse or former spouse filed your taxes incorrectly, you don’t have to take the fall for it. When you invest in innocent spouse tax relief services from qualified professionals, you’ll have knowledgeable tax attorneys on your side who can assist you with valid legal options to correct your tax issues.
Polston Tax Resolution & Accounting can help relieve you of taxes owed to the IRS that have been brought upon you by your current or former spouse. When you sign on with us, our extensive team of tax professionals will work your case from beginning to end, doing what it takes to get you the best outcome for your situation.
Do you owe the IRS because of your spouse’s tax missteps? Let us help you make a request for innocent spouse relief and limit your responsibilities on a former or current spouse’s tax liability. Call us at 844-841-9857 or click on the CONTACT US button below to fill out the form so we can reach out to you!
What Is Innocent Spouse Relief?
Innocent spouse relief is an IRS procedure that protects an individual from paying additional taxes, penalties and interest if a former or current spouse failed to report their income, misreported their income, omitted items on a tax return, or claimed tax deductions or credits incorrectly.
Individuals who apply for innocent spouse relief must meet all of the following conditions to qualify:
- You filed a joint return with an understatement of tax containing erroneous items that your spouse is solely responsible for.
- You confirm that you didn’t have any knowledge of the inaccurate tax representation when you signed the shared tax return.
- With all facts and circumstances in mind, holding you liable for the understatement of tax would be unjust and undeserved.
Do You Qualify for Innocent Spouse Tax Relief?
There are a number of scenarios where someone might seek innocent spouse relief. Here are a few questions that may apply to you: Do you owe taxes that were caused by the actions of your spouse? Did your spouse fail to pay his or her taxes and now your refund has been seized? Do you now owe taxes because of a spouse’s failed business?
Innocent spouse relief relieves the taxpayer of any owed taxes incurred due to a spouse or former spouse who neglected to pay the joint IRS tax obligations. These are just a few of the scenarios in which you may qualify for IRS innocent spouse relief, a program designed to negate any liability for taxes owed by a former or current spouse.
Although married couples agree to pay all taxes, penalties and interest due on a joint return (even if they get divorced or reach a settlement agreement), there are certain provisions that may protect one spouse from another if he or she made significant mistakes. In addition to innocent spouse relief, separation of liability and equitable relief may also be options.
There is only one way to know for sure, and that’s by contacting Polston Tax today to learn more about innocent spouse relief. We will provide information on how you may qualify and what you can expect during the IRS’s investigation of whether or not you qualify for relief from the liability.
Our Innocent Spouse Tax Relief Services
While the requirements for innocent spouse relief may appear to be relatively simple, it’s actually fairly challenging for taxpayers to prove their innocence and ultimately qualify for assistance. However, with the help of our certified tax attorneys, you can get the relief you deserve. When you come to us for innocent spouse tax services, we’ll create an individualized solution to help you mitigate your tax liability issues in a way that works in your favor.
At Polston Tax, we work with the IRS every day. That means we know what to expect and how to deal with them. With our highly knowledgeable team on your side, you’ll never have to face the IRS alone.
How It Works
We make our process as easy and straightforward as possible for our clients. To begin, you’ll give us a call or submit a contact form to get in touch with us. Then, we ask you for some standard information and schedule a new client meeting, where you’ll meet with one of our tax or case strategists either on the phone, via Zoom or in person. After your hour-long consultation has ended, we’ll evaluate your service options and send you a price estimation.
Benefits of Pursuing Innocent Spouse Tax Relief With Professional Tax Attorneys
Learning how to successfully qualify and file for innocent spouse tax relief can be challenging. That’s why it’s wise to invest in services from skilled and experienced tax attorneys when handling your case. When you come to Polston Tax for innocent spouse relief services, you’ll experience all the benefits of working with certified tax lawyers:
- Tax expertise: Tax attorneys have undergone years of study, practice and experience in their fields, giving them an expansive knowledge of tax law. With this expertise, they can pick out tax codes and policies that are most likely to help you achieve the desired results for your case.
- Cost reductions: Though it costs money to hire a tax firm to assist you, it’s a worthy investment. These companies will fight to minimize your expenses by eliminating interest and penalties incurred by your spouse.
- Time savings: You could try to file for innocent spouse relief yourself, but you’d have to put in numerous hours of work to have a chance at a favorable determination. With tax attorneys on your side, you can relax and leave the heavy lifting to the professionals.
- Peace of mind: Seeking services with a reliable tax company means you can face the IRS without the stress of doing it alone. Instead, you can feel calm and confident knowing you have someone on your side who knows exactly what they’re doing.
Why Choose Polston Tax for Innocent Spouse Tax Relief Services?
Relying on Polston Tax for innocent spouse relief services means having a team of tax professionals in your corner who will work together to help you attain the tax mitigations you deserve. We strive to transfer the weight of your tax troubles from your shoulders to our own.
People choose Polston Tax for numerous reasons, including:
- Over 20 years of service and more than 100 years of combined experience from our staff.
- Our highly skilled team of over 100 case managers, financial analysts, tax attorneys and other tax professionals.
- Numerous awards and features on major media outlets.
- Our dedication to giving back to the local community.
Relieve Your Financial Liabilities With Innocent Spouse Tax Services From Polston Tax Today
You can file for innocent spouse relief with professional assistance from the skilled attorneys at Polston Tax. We do what it takes to help our clients with outstanding tax payments and ensure that they stay that way.
Contact us today at 844-841-9857 to schedule a free consultation or fill out our contact form below.