Rachel Mathew has been working in the accounting field since 1999. She began as an accounting assistant when she was a teenager, and since then has handled accounting responsibilities in payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, auditing, tax preparation, and budgeting. While working full-time as an Accountant, and working on her Masters degree at night, Rachel made the decision to couple her career in accounting with a law degree, so she could provide a strong defense for taxpayers who faced problems on the taxes they owed and had little understanding of accounting and the law.
Rachel Mathew's father had been a business owner and self-employed, and she understands first-hand the struggles of building and running a business. Too much business can be difficult to keep up with, and too little business won’t keep the lights on. There’s the hiring and firing nightmares, the numerous decisions that affect operations, and no time or energy to keep a close eye on the books. Let alone keeping up to date on any new changes to the law that may affect you, your industry, or your marketplace!
Attorney Rachel reached out to founder Rod Polston a decade ago when the firm had 3 full-time employees, and she shared her vision for how she and Rod Polston could work together to help clients in the years to come. And as they say, the rest is history.
Today the firm has over 100 employees in multiple offices across two states and continues to grow. Together, Attorneys Rod and Rachel find a commonality in their life’s work to help business owners and individuals succeed, and believe that small business owners are the fabric of our economy!
The firm has helped thousands of clients save tens of millions of dollars in taxes and the recognition Attorney Rachel Mathew has received over the years for her work has been numerous:
- TV: Monthly tax segment on KOKH FOX
- Over 200 Speaking Engagement Invitation
- Three-Time Super Lawyers Award as a “Rising Star”
- TV: Evening news interview on KFOR NBC Affiliate
- TV: Evening news interview on KOCO ABC Affiliate
- Feature Article in Metro Family Magazine
- TV: Morning news interview on KWTV CBS Affiliate
- TV: Interview in California on KSEE NBC Affiliate
- COALA Attorney of the Year Award
- TV: Evening news interview on KOKH FOX
- TV: Morning news interview on KOKH FOX
- TV: Morning news interview on KWTV Channel 9
- Radio: News Talk 1020 AM
- TV: Featured guest on Moving America Forward filmed at studio in Los Angeles
- Keynote Speaker for a variety of business, accounting, and non-profit events
- Best Selling Author, National Academy of Best Selling Authors
- Law Journal: Featured Writer For An Article on Tax Policy
- Oklahoma City University School of Law Outstanding Young Alumna Award
- Mercedes Benz and Journal Record 40 Under Forty Award
- Next Under 40 Award
- Most Outstanding Lawyer of the Year Nomination
- Oklahoma Bar Association Leadership Academy Graduate
- SALLT Graduate
- Master Executives Graduate
- President, Oklahoma Bar Association Law Students Division
- Oklahoma Bar Association, Young Lawyers Award
- Class President, Oklahoma City University School of Law
- Hatton Sumners scholarship to Law School for noteworthy academic achievement
- Undergraduate National Dean’s List Recipient for multiple semesters of 4.0 GPA
Rachel loves the work she is blessed to do each day and looks forward to ending her clients’ tormenting despair and showing them that there is hope for their future!